Arsenic Fractionation, Random Urine
- CPT Code: 82175
- Specimen Type: Random Urine
- Frequency: Setup: Mon-Fri; analytic time 2 days
- Instructions: 5mL random urine in clean, plastic aliquot container with no metal cap
or glued insert. No seafood 48 hrs prior.
- Text: Useful for diagnosis of arsenic intoxication. Inorganic arsenic is the
toxic form, while organic arsenic is non-toxic.
Components: Z5071 Inorganic Arsenic U; Z5072 Organic Arsenic U
- Methodology: Liquid-Liquid Extraction/Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry