Bacterial Isolate Indentification
- CPT Code: 87077
- LOINC: 42803-7
- Specimen Type: Isolate - part of culture workup
- Frequency: Setup: Daily, TAT 2-3 days
- Instructions: Submit isolate on media which supports growth. Use appropriate transport bags to maintain viability of anaerobes or microaerophilic isolates.
- Text: Methodology and CPT code varies depending upon the isolate. Please refer to Test Charges/Codes for Positive Microbiology Cultures under General Information and Services. Submit isolate in pure culture.
- Methodology: Method varies depending upon isolate.